About the Roadshow...

Monday, June 20, 2011

Oklahoma or Bust

Whatever that means... Anyway, we are here. Tomorrow is the first day of my OKC MTCNA Class and I am excited to do my first class here. We had three signups just today, the day before class starts, all from OKC based WISP's, so I am excited about getting to know some new MikroTik users.

Today we saw rain, actually for the first time in a long time. Texas has been so dry for so long, I really don't remember what it is like. I'm not kidding. Although it was only for a brief second, it was still a welcome sight.

I like to dig for obscure features, tricks and tips about RouterOS and include them here, so here's one for you. When you are in the console in RouterOS, you may notice that menu commands are colored to help you keep track of their function. If this annoys you (not me I can care less), you can actually turn the colors off. To turn colors off, add "+c" after the user name when you start Winbox. For that session, colors will be off in the terminal. Note that the actual user in this example is "admin", the +c is not used for authentication, only to turn this feature off.









Class starts tomorrow, see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment