About the Roadshow...

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Yes, I Drank the Kool-aid

After several weeks of arguing with my Windows 2003 server and the interoperability issues it now has with Mac OSX Lion, I bit the bullet or more appropriately drank Steve Job's kool-aid and spend the evening configuring my new Mac Mini server in my hotel room. Four hours from home and teaching a MikroTik class in Dallas, I was bored and angry that my Time Machine backups weren't working any more because Windows 2003 server's Appletalk protocol has not been updated. Blame it on Lion or blame it on me for still using Winblows as my server, whatever, it was time.

Off to the store I went and am now the owner of a Mac Mini (our new file server, contact server, calendar server, etc.) and a Time Capsule for our home backups. This is Mac heaven.

Since I didn't have a monitor, I jacked the hotel television (thank goodness for HDMI inputs)
hooked up the new mac mini and started downloading Lion server while my Time Capsule backed up my 15" Mac Pro and served up the wireless. This is Apple bliss!

Thank goodness I am able to watch a movie on my I Pad while I watch Lion install on my Mac Mini and type my blog on my MacBook Pro. Heaven I tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment